Tuesday 27 July 2010

Shocker, Stella Love :

It's fairly obvious that I adore Stella McCartney from this blog alone. And so it takes no guessing to know that I love love loved her latest ad campaign, which follows on quite nicely from her Disney embellished campaigns with an artist collaboration with Barry Reigate.

I love that the photo itself is minimal, as is the dress, the makeup, the setting... but Reigate's little doodles over Stella's name adds the playful touch that we're so used to associating with the brand. Natalia Vodianova looks stunning as ever, shot by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott.

Looks like Stella McCartney isn't the only brand from my list of favourites looking to the art world for their Fall 2010 campaigns... Bottega Veneta's latest ad takes on the feel of Robert Longo's 'Men In Cities' series. I'm thinking this might be a possible dissertation topic... the mingling of fashion and art. Or something like that, decisions = eugh.

Beautiful ads, though.




photos via models.com

xoxo

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I love Stella too!! She's always amazing!

<3 Kelly