Thursday 2 April 2009

Genius on paper :

Whilst bored at sixth form inbetween lessons, one of my friends used to make little goblets, plates, cutlery and stuff from things lying around the place, like foil. It is an acquired talent (yes, I have tried, and failed), however nothing like the talent that Peter Callesen has with paper.



Photobucket

Photobucket
Erected Ruin, 2007

Photobucket
Cowboy, 2006

Photobucket
Hunting, 2005

Photobucket
Big wave moving towards a small castle made of sand, 2005


His paper cutouts are incredible. I admire and love the work of Rob Ryan also, but Callesen has a way with making paper into 3D shapes that look real, and playing on the effect that it makes when he cuts the shapes from 2D, creating a shadow for the newly created 3D piece. I particularly love the humour that he includes in the idea behind his pieces. Maybe this man could lend me some of his patience?

http://www.petercallesen.com/

xoxo

No comments: