Monday 9 March 2009

Summer Love Love Lovin :

I don't normally blog about music, but I am far too excited by the rumours for Leeds fest '09 to leave it out. The Strokes, forming a comeback this year after multiple solo projects makes me too happy for words; I saw them headline at the 02 festival at Hyde Park many years ago... they were amazing. The best band I've ever seen live. Not stopping the anticipation there, Arctic Monkeys are also rumoured to be making an appearance, as their new album is due out later this year. After seeing Last Shadow Puppets live last year, and watching the 'Arctic Monkeys Live at the Apollo' film, I am sure they will be brill live. Also fuelling the butterflies in my stomach is the rumour that the organisers of Reading and Leeds have begged the Libertines to reunite for this year's festival only. I've seen Dirty Pretty Things twice... Babyshambles rocked the NME stage at last years Leeds, and I love all Libertines' stuff... Please Carl, say yes. In the mean time I better get saving for those coveted weekend tickets.

xoxo

No comments: