Wednesday 25 March 2009

Pleats, Please :

Bottega Veneta have always been known for their ability to weave both fabric and leather in magical ways. Although they are famous for their Intrecciato weave, seen in their many collections of woven bags, it was Tomas Maier's fabulous pleating design that really caught my eye back in 2007. I absolutely love this dress, in fact, I love the whole photograph. The technique he has used for this design is extremely difficult (trust me, I have tried it), and I just love the way the whole picture conveys a forgotten glamour, almost Hepburn-ish, of days gone by. There is no need for embellishment or over the top print to convey luxury, the quality and technique says it all. Understated glamour at its Italian finest.


Photobucket



xoxo

3 comments:

Emily Louise ♥ said...

it is a gorge dress and photo :) x

NYCjuicebox said...

thanks em :) i love it! xx

merrymerry said...

i love this dress, and article